Friday, May 7, 2004

Quick and Generic Post on Blogging

No, I haven't given up this blog.

No, I'm not giving up copy editing.

Yes, I am still here and willing to be engaged in the world.

Why? Blogging is important. I'll be doing a presentation for my copy desk in a month or so that touches on blogs and why they're important. If you're reading this, you probably know why.

Blogs won't replace newspapers. They won't replace magazines. They are a new form, for a new time. They offer instant access to people's thoughts and emotions, and they provide an enormous platform for self expression.

Truthfully, I've been away from Copy Massage because I've been working to wrap up another blog. You see, at the beginning of this year I wrote three blogs -- one personal, one poetry and one this. The personal one wrapped at the end of February. The poetry one wrapped at the end of April.

Copy Massage remains, which is as it should be. A lot of people have stopped by here, and I hope my recent silence hasn't scared them off.

The point?

Blogs = tremendously important forum for writers of all ages and persuasions.
Me = dedicated to blogging.
This point = over now.